I don’t know about you but I cannot wait to get back to some semblance of normal – especially when it gets back to photographing you, my beautiful clients! The COVID-19 virus has been so hard on everyone – we are all affected slightly differently but in many ways the same.
This raises the question – as we slowly but surely get back to opening up the economy, how do we proceed in the “new normal” to ensure that both our business and our clients are safe?
COVID-19: New Policies In Line With State Regulations
Rob and I have received all recommended vaccinations including the one for COVID-19.
Read below to see the policies we have in place to continue to protect you and us.
During Your Session
- Wearing a Mask. I will be wearing a mask during all sessions for the time being to ensure the safety of myself as well as my clients.
- Long Distance Shooting. Fortunately this is already pretty standard for the way I shoot! While I may occasionally still come closer (while wearing a mask, of course!) to get one or two requested poses/angles, I will be using equipment that allows me to photograph my clients from a safe distance for the majority of each session.
- Cleaning Supplies on Shoots. I will have hand sanitizer and disinfectant wipes on every shoot. Please know I take your health seriously!
- One Person Only Policy. For the foreseeable future, clients will only be allowed to bring one additional (non-photographed) person to their session. This will be to cut down on multiple people showing up in order to follow gathering guidelines provided by the state.
- Personal Contact. A lot of times as photographers we have to fix a bra strap or get a strand of hair out of a client’s eyes. During this time I will request the additional person who attends your shoot do that job in order cut down on any personal contact I have with you. For this reason, it is preferable that the person you bring along is from the same household. It’s better to be safe than sorry!
After Your Session
- In-person Ordering Sessions. For the foreseeable future, I will set up a virtual viewing appointment within two weeks of your session. I have a program that allows us to view your pictures together, review any additional touchups you request, and even put sample images on your walls to see how they will look! Your finalized images will be available online via Pixieset.
- Cleaning My Gear. I clean any equipment used during your session before and after to eliminate the spread of germs.
If you or any family member in your household shows any signs or symptoms of coughing, sneezing, runny nose, sore throat, fever, etc please to notify me within 24-48 hours of your session so we can reschedule. I will extend the same courtesy if my husband or I have any symptoms.
Thank you so much for understanding as we navigate this new COVID-19 era together. The health of my clients is of the utmost importance to me. I will inform you of any policies or changes as they occur!