I don’t know about you but I can not wait to get back to some semblance of normal – especially when it gets back to photographing you, my beautiful clients! The COVID-19 virus has been so hard on everyone – we are all affected slightly differently but in many ways the same.
This raises the question – as we slowly but surely get back to opening up the economy, how do we proceed in the “new normal” to ensure that both our business and our clients are safe?
New Policies In Line With State Regulations
Getting back to work and shooting does not mean back to normal. In most areas of the country, we still must follow strict guidelines for social distancing and gatherings of a certain amount of people or less. Therefore, shooting may have to be adjusted to accommodate these guidelines.
- Wearing a Mask – I will likely be wearing a mask during photo shoots during this time to ensure the safety of both myself as well as my clients.
- Long Distance Shooting – Fortunately this is already pretty standard for the way I shoot! While I may occasionally still come closer (while wearing a mask, of course!) to get one or two requested poses/angles, I will be using equipment that allows me to photograph my clients from a safe distance for the majority of each session.
- In-person Consults or Ordering Sessions – For the foreseeable future, all image viewing and ordering will take place through my online platform, Pixieset, to cut down on opportunities for the spread of germs through close contact. I will also continue to offer Zoom meetings to help you select your images and show samples to help you envision your finalized products!
- Cleaning supplies on shoots – I will have hand sanitizer and disinfectant wipes on every shoot. Please know I take your health seriously!
- Cleaning gear – Any equipment that is used during your session is being sanitized before and after to eliminate the spread of germs.
- One Person Only Policy – For the foreseeable future clients will only be allowed to bring one additional (non-photographed) person to their session. This will be to cut down on multiple people showing up in order to follow gathering guidelines provided by the state.
- Personal Contact – A lot of times as photographers we have to fix a bra strap or get a strand of hair out of a client’s eyes. During this time I will request the additional person who attends your shoot do that job in order cut down on any personal contact I have with your clients. It’s better to be safe than sorry!
- Sick Policy – If you as a client or any family member shows any signs or symptoms of coughing, sneezing, runny nose, sore throat, fever, etcetera you are to notify me within 24-48 hours of your session, and your session will be rescheduled. I will extend the same courtesy if I or any of my family members have any symptoms.
Thank you so much for understanding as we navigate this new COVID-19 era together. Rest assured that the health of my clients is of the utmost importance to me. As policies are updated and change I will ensure that you are always informed.
Any other questions or a new client? Fill out the form below to get started.